Potter Oil has been a pioneer of biodiesel since its infancy. Over the years, Brian Potter has become a valued spokesperson and consultant to the biodiesel industry nationwide. We are very cognizant of the importance of maintaining the highest quality levels of biodiesel that we supply to our customers.
We only buy from certified manufacturers to ensure that our delivered products meet the ASTM D6751 quality standards and specifications for biodiesel blended distillate fuels. We have customers that blend B5 all the way to B20.
Today, we supply biodiesel in all of North Carolina and sections of Virginia and South Carolina.
Our Biodiesel storage facilities:
- Aurora, NC- Trans load and Bulk Storage facility at home office
- Four Oaks, NC- Bulk Storage facility, which is in close proximity to Selma terminal
- Oakboro, NC – Trans load and Bulk Storage facility which supplies the Charlotte and Greensboro terminals
- Greensboro – soon to come
- Charlotte – soon to come
- Biodiesel represents a domestically produced renewable fuel that can help replace oil imports.
- The production of soy-based biodiesel creates a positive energy.
- Using a B20 blend reduces unburned hydrocarbons by 5.41:1 ratio.
- Biodiesel can be used in its pure form, but traditionally, it is blended.
- Biodiesel fuel burns much cleaner than petroleum fuel.
- Biodiesel has outstanding lubricating qualities.
- Biodiesel fuels’ economy in used engines substantially improves.
- Biodiesel is biodegradable.
- Biodiesel can be used in existing diesel engines.
- Biodiesel is non-toxic.